How to enrol for AMEB Victoria exams
Through our online service centre, AMEB Connect, registered users can:
- Enrol candidates for AMEB Practical, Written and Rockschool examinations (including AMEB Online Written exams from January 2018)
- View and print Notices of Examination, and email them to candidates
- View and print examination reports, and email them to candidates
- Purchase AMEB syllabuses, supporting publications and other resources
A comprehensive ‘AMEB Connect User’s Guide’ can be downloaded here.
It is common practice for teachers or schools to submit entries as agents for their students. If you are the teacher or school representative enrolling candidates, you will receive all communications relating to your students’ examinations and will be able to co-ordinate the preparation of candidates and arrange accompanists, if required.
Note that enrolments can only be accepted from adults. Private entries should be submitted by the parent or guardian of candidates aged under eighteen.
- Register for AMEB Connect (Victoria). AMEB Connect can be found by going to ameb.unimelb.edu.au and following the link to ‘AMEB Connect’. Click ‘Get Access’ and follow the prompts.
- Become familiar with examination requirements. It is essential that teachers and candidates are familiar with the current AMEB syllabus, examination requirements and regulations (which may change from year to year) and the administrative policies and procedures which are available on the AMEB Victoria website. (Each syllabus can be purchased as a convenient digital download from AMEB Connect.)
Before enrolling candidates
- Collate candidate information prior to commencing enrolment.
- Check the session dates and closing dates for enrolments.
- Consult with candidates/parents and take note of any dates avoid. Dates to avoid include reasons such as VCE exams, school exams, curriculum days, school camps, religious holidays, or other exceptional situations.
- Take note of full candidate names (as on birth certificate or passport).
Log in to AMEB Connect
- Log in. Users log in to AMEB Connect using their registered email address and password. Telephone AMEB Victoria on 9035 8888 if you require log in assistance.
- Add enrolments to the basket.
- New candidates. Select ‘Enrol a Candidate’ on the AMEB Connect Select ‘+New candidate’ from the tabs at the top of the page. Enter candidate details as required.
- Previous candidates. Previously enrolled candidates may be added through the ‘My Candidates’ option on the home screen. Firstly select the year or range of years, then choose candidates by selecting check boxes on the left side of the screen, then click ‘+Enrol selected candidates’ to add them to the basket.
IMPORTANT – Your enrolment is not finalised until your payment has been accepted.
- Enrolling multiple candidates. Enrolments remain in the basket after logging out of AMEB Connect. You may return later to add or amend enrolments and add purchases to the basket. Note that candidates are not enrolled for examination until the payment has been received.
Enter candidate details
- Entering enrolment details
- Series (Examination Session). Choose the examination session for the candidate by making a selection from the drop-down menu. (Your choice will remain preselected for additional candidates, but may be modified as required.) Sessions which are currently open for enrolment will be in green.
- Choose the examination subject for each candidate by typing part of the subject name then selecting the correct option from the drop-down menu. For example, typing ‘piano’ will bring up a list of piano subjects from which to choose.
- Preferred venue. Select a preferred venue from the drop-down list. If you select ‘Enter a venue number’, an AMEB Victoria Centre Code is required. Schools and studios with their own venue number should enter it here. If you have permission for your candidates to be examined at a private school or studio enter the appropriate number here. Only the school/studio owner can provide you with their venue number.
A school or private studio with examining time of 3 hours or more in a particular subject may apply to be an examination centre and also may request to host Practical examinations outside the published session dates.
- Entering scheduling requests. There are two parts to entering scheduling requests for each candidate.
- A drop-down menu will allow the choice of either: no preference, not Saturday, not Sunday or not weekend.
- The text box allows the enrolling person to enter any dates to avoid (maximum 120 characters).
AMEB Victoria will make every effort to avoid specific dates if these are advised at the time of enrolment. Note that Practical exams can be scheduled on any day in the published exam session (Monday through Sunday), between the hours of 9am and 6pm, except gazetted public holidays. It is possible to request that exams are not scheduled on a weekend but this must be indicated at the time of enrolment.
- Special Needs. If a candidate has special needs this should be indicated in the ‘Scheduling request’ box. The Special Needs Form, which is available on the AMEB Victoria website, should be completed in accordance with the Special Needs Policy. This form should be emailed as soon as possible after the enrolment is submitted and must be received before the closing date for enrolment for the particular session.
- Amending or correcting candidate details. To amend details of a previously enrolled candidate (such as name or date of birth) please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Confirm enrolment details before payment. Click the green Basket button in the top right of the screen. A list of your enrolments will be displayed. Check that all the information is correct. You can edit the details by clicking Edit enrolment, or delete the enrolment entirely by clicking Remove enrolment.
Payment and enrolment confirmation
- Tick the box under Agreement which notes your acceptance of the exam requirements and regulations.
- Click the Pay button at the bottom of the screen. You will be taken to a secure payment page hosted by NAB where payment can be made by Mastercard or Visa credit, debit or pre-paid cards. No card information is retained by the payment system.
- A receipt/tax invoice from the National Australia Bank will be sent if an email address is entered in the box provided (optional).
- A confirmation email/tax invoice listing the full details of enrolments (and any purchases) will be sent to the enrolling person by AMEB Connect. Check the confirmation email to ensure that all details are correct (including spelling of candidate names) and advise any corrections by email within 5 business days.
To make further changes after payment has been made email us at email@example.com
Receiving Notices of Examination and results
- After enrolment
- Once the exams have been scheduled, the enrolling person will receive an email advising that Notices of Examination are available on AMEB Connect to download and print, or email to the candidate.
- After the exam, the enroller will receive an email advising that reports and results are available on AMEB Connect. Reports are uploaded to AMEB Connect within two (2) weeks of metropolitan examinations, and three (3) weeks of regional examinations.
- Certificates will be posted to the enrolling person within three (3) weeks of the examination.